The Walter A. Haas, Jr. Pavilion is the home of the University of California, Berkeley's basketball and volleyball teams.
The arena was originally built in 1933 as Harmon Gym. It was heavily renovated from 1997 to 1999 after a generous donation from Walter A.
Haas, Jr. of Levi Strauss & Co.
The new facility retained the intimate atmosphere of its predecessor. In particular, there are no soundproofing devices. It is considered one of the
louder arenas in the Pac-10 Conference, possibly second only to their cross-bay rivals, Stanford's Maples Pavilion.
The arena contains "The Bench", a courtside section that holds approximately 900 occasionally raucous student fans.